The College of Europe Natolin Campus, with its registered office in Warsaw 02-797 at 84 Nowoursynowska Str., is the operator (further: Operator) of the natolinblog.eu service (further: Service). The Service obtains information about its users and their behaviour through:
- information entered by users voluntarily in available forms,
- saving cookie files (so-called “Cookies”) on the user device,
- collecting logs by the Operator’s web server .
INFORMATION IN FORMS
The Service collects information provided voluntarily by the user. The Service may also save the information about the parameters of the connection (time mark-up, IP address). Data provided by filling in the form are not made available to third parties without the explicit consent of the user.
The Operator may use the data provided in the forms to set a database (a register) of potential clients which is by law subject to registration with the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
The data provided in the forms are processed only for the purpose resulting from the function of a given form, for example in order to respond to a user’s request for information. The data provided in the form may be transferred to entities pursuing certain technical services (administrator of e-learning platform, information database system and expert forum, newsletter distribution), entities which provide the digital resources for the Service (content, databases, e-learning courses) or other entities, with which the Operator cooperates in the implementation of the E-Platform for Neighbourhood. No data will be made available to any third party for commercial purposes.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE COOKIE FILES
The Service uses cookie files. Cookie files (so-called “cookies”) are computer data, in particular text files, that are stored on the Service user’s device and are intended for use by the websites of the Service. Cookies typically contain the name of the website they come from, the time of their storage on the user device and a unique number. The Operator stores cookies on the user’s device and has access to them. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to produce statistics that help the Operator to understand how the Service users benefit from its websites in order to allow an improvement of their structure and content,
- to maintain the Service user’s session (after logging in), so the user does not have to retype login and password on every website of the Service,
- to determine the user’s profile to display personalized content including, where applicable, advertisements provided by advertising networks, especially Google.
Two basic types of cookies are used by the Service: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the user device until he/she logs off, leaves the website or closes the software used to browse the web (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the user device for the time specified in the cookie parameters or until the user deletes them.
Cookies stored on the device of the Service user might also be used by the partners and advertisers cooperating with the Operator. Cookies might be used by advertising networks, in particular Google, to display ads tailored to the way the user utilises the Service. For this purpose, they might keep information about the user’s navigation path or the time the user remains on the particular web page.
Information about some of the user behaviours are subject to log at the server layer. These data are used solely for administering of the Service and to ensure the most efficient use of hosting services provided for it. Browsed resources are identified by the URLs. Additionally, the following data may be collected:
- time a request is received,
- time a response to a request is sent,
- name of the user device identified by the HTTP protocol,
- information about errors that occurred in the realisation of the HTTP transaction,
- URL of the web page previously visited by the user (referrer link) – in case the user came to the Service from the link on another web site,
- information about the user’s browser,
- user IP address information.
The above data are not associated with personal data of the Service user.
ACCESS TO DATA
The data is made available to external entities only within the limits permitted by law. The data which would enable an individual person’s identification are made available only upon this person’s consent. The Operator may be obliged to provide information collected by the Service to the authorized authorities to comply with lawful requests and to the extent arising from the request.